Wednesday, January 23, 2008

at random

I had the day off work yesterday, and so I decided to pull my courage together and brave the passport office.

all this talk of it being absolutely horrid . . . i found it rather fun.

i took the bus from Sidney at 7 in the morning, and got downtown just before 8. There was a little bit of a line up, but not near as bad as I have seen it. There was a deaf lady in line with me, and so I was able to practice some of my newly acquired ASL skills (or lack there of . . .) she appreciated it so much, and stuck by my side for the whole morning :) I got inside shortly after 9, and was put in the fast track line because i had filled my form out online. I was out of the doors by 10 with a guarantee of having my passport by February 12th.
perfect.

i enjoyed the rest of my day off with some shopping, bubble tea, and Victoria sunshine. then a nap when i got home :)
it was a good day.

-----------------------------

I also had a young adults bible study at my church last night. As I walked home I was feeling a little bit down, all the joy from the day seeping out of me.
God's timing frustrates me sometimes, and I needed to talk to Him about it . . . or cry is more like it :)
but after getting it off my chest, I was so completely overwhelmed with thankfulness that I can come to God just as I am. He doesn't want me to mask my feelings, or pretend in any way . . .

. . .He just wants my heart, wherever that may be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you having boy problems Lo? I'm here for you little sis.

. . . L O R I . . . said...

you're a goon.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?! I was just tryin gto show some brotherly love.

Anonymous said...

you're a loon.