Sunday, January 20, 2008

hope

as i walked to church this morning, i started to pray.

God, why don't you just give up on me? I'm never going to get this right . . . i just can't fight this anymore. I keep falling. failing. disobeying. I know you're big enough for this . . . but i can't seem to allow you to beat this.

. . . then the pastor seemed to preach a sermon just for me.
CHRIST IN ME, THE HOPE OF GLORY. this was the mantra of Capernwray last year . . . but I needed to learn it again (and again and again)

He lives in me . . .
and there is no temptation too strong for Him.
no one He can't forgive, can't love.
no problem is too overwhelming for Him . . . nothing is impossible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God promises to "never leave us or give up on us". That's how great his love is for us. Isn't that amazing? We also love you and think you are pretty special.