Friday, December 14, 2007

wake up. stand up. speak up.

prepare yourself for battle.
not the battle you fight to wake up in the morning, or the battle to lose weight, or even the battle with relationship.

a much more important battle.

the battle between darkness and light.
the battle between desperation and hope.
the battle between evil and pure good.

didn't know you were in a battle? well, you are. and the fact that you don't know it, tells me that you may already be losing. sorry to break that news to you, but i felt you should know.

the Lord has been opening my eyes to this truth. though we may not all be fighting, the battle is still before us day after day.

I have started reading a new book called "the Ishbane Conspiracy"(by Randy Alcorn). It is a fictional story of four teenagers, and the spiritual battles they face . . . the unique thing is, you get to read the correspondence between the fallen angels who are trying to deceive them. Here is an excerpt from one letter :

"Put on the full armor of God, the Enemy commands them. He provides it, but the good news is, they have to put it on. And most of them don't. They don't act like they're on a battleship. They act like they're on a cruise ship. No soldier wins a battle he doesn't prepare for. No soldier prepares for a battle he doesn't know exists. Keep their eyes closed to the spiritual realm. How? simply by keeping them busy orbiting around themselves."

Makes you think hey? We have been given the weapons . . . the warnings . . . the game plan - but the next move is still our decision. your decision. Are we going to allow these fallen angels to deceive us, desensitizing us to evil and therefore compromising ourselves? Or are we going to wake up, stand up, and speak up?

this battle is more real than i ever imagined . . . already the Lord is opening my eyes to the things that go on behind the scenes. the devil wants me to think about myself. he wants me to be angry, and hurtful. he wants me to give up. he wants me to be a complacent christian - content to simply give a little more, pray a little more, and be kinder just a little more than the world. when you know you are being tricked . . . the appeal kind of disappears. I don't want to fall into their traps, and be another victory for them.

I refuse to allow them any foothold in my life.
i urge you . . . today, put on the full armor of God. you're going to need it.

5 comments:

Kate McDonald said...

lori,

thanks for stopping by lately and commenting on my blog. i have been meaning to drop by and visit yours and then i really haven't had time for reading as of late..but cohen is up tonight, not adjusting to the time, change, so i finally got the chance to meander around and enjoy YOUR writing!

i actually really needed to hear your reminder that the battle is a bigger one than temporary struggles of daily life. they were side tracking me tonight and your words were an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the new blog look! and i can't wait to come home so you can tell me what good books to read. can you say holiday in sydney?!

Christy and Dustin said...

Hi Lori,
I saw your coment on my photo website. Did you go to Capernwray? That is Del in the photos. He is the associate pastor of our church here in Summerland. WHat year did you attend Capernwray?

Christy and Dustin said...

Hi Lori,
Thanks for the encouragement. I went to Capernwray 1998-2000. I did 2 years there and met Dustin there during my second year. I sound so old saying that went in 1998. The nineties seem so long ago.
We used to have powershot and an old Olympus SLR. I use a Nikon D50 which I love but we're upgrading to some newer equipment soon to better our business. I have loved the D50 and recommend Nikon to everyone who asks me. They make and amazing new entry SLR now called the D40. This camera has an even higher mega pixel than our camera. A sweet little camera. THere's also the Canon EOS Rebel, but I personally prefer Nikon. There's some great stores on ebay that offer some incredible deals. Anyways, hope that helps you out.
Take care and Merry CHristmas.

~Nanc. said...

So what was that about blogging more often???