Friday, February 29, 2008

A.D.I.O.S

the day has finally come.
i fly out in 10 hours, 8 minutes, and 32 seconds.
YIPPEE!

i have been in Vancouver for the past couple days and have been able to spend a wee bit of time with my beautiful sister (not near as much as i would like though).

if you know me, you know that i don't particularly like Vancouver. ok, i think i used the word "hate". but my mother taught me better than that. however, i feel like i am warming up to it a bit. i mostly disliked Vancouver, because i had yet to visit here without getting lost by myself . . . for hours. but i didn't this time! i feel like i kind of know where some things are (on the west side anyways . . . never mind the other billion sides . . . like east, south, north . . . central . . . yes. billions.)

i suppose it helped that my travelling buddy, laura, and i went on a four hour walk. its true. she's a sneaky one. i thought that we were planning on just walked for a half hour, so i wore my new leather flip flops. instead, it turned into a hike up mount everest (well, almost.) to say the least . . . my feet will hate me for the rest of my life. it was fun in its own secret way.

oh.
except for the part where we walked over the bridge on granville and we gagged from the overpowering smell of urine. just lovely.

so today, we will pack up our stuff, do some more researching (because we still don't know what we are doing or where we are staying HAHA. hint : that was definitely a nervous laugh.) . . . and then i am going to drag laura into town for some bubble tea.

i repeat her blasphemous words "i've never had bubble tea. i just don't understand what all the hype is about" *GASP* i don't know if we can be friends anymore, when we don't agree on one of the most important things in my life.
kidding.

but i love bubble tea.

i will be on that plane in 9 hours, 4 minutes, and 24 seconds.

oh, but i won't actually be in New Zealand until March 2nd. oooh there is fun to be had on a 15 hour flight. (not.)

did you know that adios stands for :
my Almost Death In Overhead Shuttle. its true!

(ok. not true. but i think i'll petition it. or maybe i'll start a facebook group for all those who agree.)

2 comments:

Kaili said...

Hi Lori,
E-mail me your mailing address to choose2behappy@hotmail.com then I can send out your pendant that you won.
Hope all is well.
-Kaili

Unknown said...

Hey Lori!
I've been blog stalking...haha...and I see you are in my homeland :) and I'm very curious to know what you're doing/how you're enjoying NZ? (I've been reading your blog for a while real quietly...haha)